Nothing is more exciting than the possibility of an office affair, whether it is the two people about to embark on it or if it is purely the speculation element from work colleagues. Interestingly, 15% of couples in the UK meet at work.
We have all been in the situation at work where you are sure that something is happening romantically between two colleagues, the gossip is rife, but you aren’t 100% sure. Or perhaps you are the person having the affair and you think you are covering your tracks, but you are making some fundamental mistakes. Here are the top signs that something is going on….
1. Sneaky glances. You often notice that there are sneaky glances and smiles during work related meetings
2. Timings. They often arrive at work within minutes of each other and tend to leave at the same sort of time. The overtime and late evenings they choose to do, often seem to happen on the same days
3. Lunch. Quite often they are found going out for lunch at the same time as each other and will travel together in each other’s cars
4. Work social occasions. When it comes to having a jolly for work, they often to tend to either both be there or neither of them are there
5. Looking great. Suddenly one or both parties start dressing really nicely or perhaps making more of an effort to exercise outside of their normal practices
6. Attention. They both make a point of getting the other persons attention, whether it is touching them in a small way or responding to things they say in a meeting in a positive way (more than usual)
7. Training course/client visits. Quite often they manage to organise it so that they both end up going on the same training courses or client visits together
8. Name dropping. You might realise that they are often talking about each other more than is normal or appropriate for office chit-chat
9. Complete opposites. Sometimes, their relationship might take a completely opposite direction and they will go from being best friends and super close, to hardly being able to make eye contact or talking to each other
10. Promotion. A sure-fire way to tell if an affair is happening between a member of management and staff is if that staff member suddenly get promoted for no real or apparent reason
So, keep your eyes peeled and watch out, if you look closely enough the signs will be there! And, if the affair ever feels so uncomfortable that you can’t work there anymore or you are the one that was involved and need to leave, please contact Johnson Underwood firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01604 626162 to discuss your next career move.